Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Author Insights

One of the things that I loved most about writing this book is that I got to be in the driver’s seat for the first time in my Sci-Fi & Fantasy obsessed existence. Whether reading a novel, watching a movie, or even perusing the occasional comic book, I have always found myself playing out the storyline in my head several steps in advance. At times, I am pleasantly surprised by a writer’s direction, and I walk away feeling fulfilled & even energized by what I’ve just experienced. In many other cases however, I have found myself saying “I wish they would have gone here instead…” or “it would have been so much better if they had done this…” Many of the ideas that have run through my head over the years are the same ideas that went into my book. I always envisioned a story where the world of Medieval Fantasy was brought forward in time into a Futuristic Sci-Fi era - kind of a “Lord of the Rings” meets “Star Wars” setting. Beyond the setting however, the true joy of this book for me was writing the characters. I absolutely love the various personalities found in this book and truly believe that my readers will love them as well. It was incredibly important to me to have compelling and endearing characters that would keep readers wanting to come back for more. Whether it’s the brash yet lovable Sergeant Loxzana Terrey, the virtuous knight Agostine Brynn, or the insidious assassin Kaenac, there is someone for everyone to love (or love to hate) in this story. In writing this book, it was my objective to combine a fascinating environment with great characters and to ultimately tell a truly spell-binding story. While I’ll let you, the reader, judge for yourself how I did, I personally couldn’t be happier with the way this book turned out. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment