Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Character Bio: Sergeant Loxzana Terrey

One of my absolute favorite characters to write about was Sergeant Loxzana Terrey. The second in command of her Special Ops military unit, Loxzana is a tough-as-nails, take-no-prisoners breed of soldier. She is brash. She is bold. She is the furthest thing possible from a damsel in distress. It was important to me to include strong female characters in this story. For me, Loxzana emulates the characteristics of some of the most impressive women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. A stout and muscular black woman, Loxzana is both edgy and strong-willed, but also has a softer side that comes out with those that she cares about most. Her biting wit and her consistent displays of heroism are just two of the reasons why Loxzana is one of my most beloved characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment